Alrighty, quick update.
I have been working on this quite a bit in the last few weeks. I did some testing and found that there were a couple of areas that I could improve things when I was using the MAF with my mega custom M30 air box and Rally 2100 engine. Talk about a worst-case setup! The hot cams and larger air box volume actually make some crazy resonances. Totally manageable, but I am reworking parts of the controller firmware to handle it properly. I also discovered some circuit design improvements that I can make, that also add another degree of protection to the Motronic's 5V output. So I am working on a way to apply the new circuit connections without re-ordering $500 worth of PCBs, if possible. If I can't find a super robust hot-fix, then I'll order new ones to be certain of the quality.
Another part of my testing involves building a 50,000 sample per second data logger (10,000 samples per second x 5 channels) with hefty analog and digital filtering. I want to collect PRISTINE voltage information on the inputs and outputs of the MAF converter, the stock AFM and the AFR from my wide-band setup. That will allow me to make the final fine-tuning adjustments to this. The hardware for the logger is 95% done, and the firmware should be complete in a couple of days. I'll be in Austin all this week for work...which means LOTS of time to work on this project at night in my hotel room! If anyone here is in the Austin area and wants to grab a beer, let me know.
From there, I just need to order up a solder paste stencil and get an old toaster oven so that I can reflow solder all of the awful little 0402 components (0.04"x0.02" / 1.0x0.5mm) and other crud on one side of the PCB faster. My hands and eyes will break if I have to individually solder 50+ little components 20 more times lol.